Graduate Student Opportunities
Graduate students are encouraged to grow in their faith during their time at Notre Dame. Campus Ministry has a variety of opportunities to do so, regardless of faith tradition. Here are some opportunities we invite you to consider:
Prayer & Worship
- Attend Mass at our beautiful Basilica of the Sacred Heart, or join your fellow graduate students for Sunday Mass at the Fisher community center chapel.
- Daily Eucharistic Adoration is held in the Coleman-Morse Chapel. Feel free to stop by for a few minutes for some personal prayer and contemplation.
- Visit the Interfaith Prayer Room located in Coleman-Morse 102, available whenever the building is open.
- Join Iron Sharpens Iron (ISI), an interdenominational praise and worship gathering. ISI is held on Thursday nights throughout the semester at 10 p.m. in the Coleman-Morse Center first-floor lounge.
- If you are looking for guidance or support for your faith journey, you might consider getting a Spiritual Director: someone trained to be a faith companion that meets with you on a monthly basis. For more information on finding a spiritual director, please contact Mike Urbaniak.
- Campus Ministry offers Grief Support (both individual and group) for times of death and loss. Please contact Mike Urbaniak for more information.
- Need to Talk? There is a Campus Minister on duty from 5-7 p.m. every Monday-Thursday in Coleman-Morse 113 throughout the semester. We are here to talk about issues of faith, discernment, or anything that is on your heart. No appointments are necessary.
- Join the Catholic Graduate Community, a student group dedicated to providing opportunities for prayer, service, and community for Catholic (and non-Catholic) graduate students at Notre Dame. Subscribe to their newsletter to stay informed about weekly events.
Campus Ministry also offers a variety of retreats, Bible Studies, Sacramental Preparation, and other ways to get involved in liturgical life on campus. Please take a look around this website for more information on the many ways to engage in your faith here at Notre Dame!