Staff chaplains are available to accompany staff through personal, family, work, or other issues. While the chaplaincy is rooted in Holy Cross and Notre Dame’s Catholic tradition, it serves those of all faiths and those seeking faith. Staff Chaplains welcome prayer requests, opportunities for one-on-one conversations, and are available to provide support in times of personal hardship, illness, or death of loved ones.
Ash Wednesday Distribution of Ashes for Staff
Wednesday, Feb 22, is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of the Lenten season. Staff Chaplain Rev. Jim Bracke, C.S.C., will travel around campus distributing ashes. Staff are welcome to gather for a short prayer and to receive ashes at the following times:
- 8:00 a.m. St. Michael's Laundry
- 9:00 a.m. Hesburgh Library, first floor foyer
- 9:30 a.m. OIT, second
- 10:00 a.m. St. Liam Hall, University Health Center
- 10:30 a.m. Snite Museum
- 12:00 p.m. Notre Dame Wellness Center
- 1:00 p.m. Grace Hall, lower level
- 2:00 p.m. South Dining Hall
- 2:20 p.m North Dining Hall
- 3:00 p.m. Hammes Bookstore
Staff Prayer Line
Fr. Jim Bracke, C.S.C., Staff Chaplain, invites you to submit any prayer requests that you have to our prayer line. Staff of all faith traditions are welcome to make a request. Prayer can be a path to finding peace, courage, and strength, especially in times of uncertainty and challenge. All prayer requests are confidential and only accessible to Fr. Jim.
Opportunities for Staff
Caregivers Support Group for Faculty & Staff
If you are a Faculty or Staff member who is currently caring for an aging parent, a spouse, or a child with special needs, you are welcome to join the Caregivers Support Group. This group can offer the opportunity to connect with others, share struggles and information about resources in the community, and listen to how others deal with their situations. The group is confidential, non-denominational and all Faculty and Staff are welcome.
- The Caregivers Group meets monthly on the third Wednesday of the month from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. in room 301 of Coleman-Morse (3rd floor across from the elevator and south stairwell).
Grief Support Group for Faculty & Staff
If you are a Faculty or Staff member who has experienced the death of a loved one--a child, a parent, a spouse, a friend, a colleague, or other loved one, you are welcome to join this group. Grief affects us in many ways, and we all grieve differently. Many people find understanding and healing through sharing their journey with others who have experienced the loss of a loved one. This group is confidential, non-denominational and all Faculty and Staff are welcome. It is an on-going group that you join when you need it and move on when you feel ready to.
- The Grief Group meets monthly on the third Tuesday of the month from 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m. in room 301 of Coleman-Morse (3rd floor across from the elevator and south stairwell).
Prayer for Staff
Lord God, grant us, as Notre Dame Staff,
patience and acceptance for ourselves,
co-workers, and work we share in as part of
The mission of serving our students. May we
Feel your love and spirit wherever we are.
Fr. Jim Bracke, C.S.C.
Fr. Tim O’Connor, C.S.C.
Assistant Staff Chaplain