Visit the Basilica
The Basilica is open and continues to follow the University guidelines for indoor gathers. Learn about the Campus Liturgical Practices related to the Coronavirus.
The Basilica of the Sacred Heart is open to the public year round, though our hours do change at certain times, as described below. You are welcome to come and pray, participate in Mass or Vespers, or receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation. You may wish to take a self-guided tour, or we have volunteer tour guides available to welcome you and answer your questions Monday through Friday from 9:00-11:00 a.m. & 1:00-4:00 p.m. and on Sundays from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
101 Basilica Drive, Notre Dame, IN 46556
When the university is in session (generally, mid-August through mid-December; mid-January through mid-May, and mid-June through the end of July): 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
During breaks or inter-sessions (mid-October, Christmas season, mid-March, some summer weeks): 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
View detailed University Calendar for more details and exact, current dates when the university is in session.
Please call ahead to request a group tour. The preferred time for tours is from 1:00-2:00 p.m. Monday–Friday. You may request a group tour at other times, but please be aware that a variety of musical and liturgical rehearsals may occur during tours scheduled outside the preferred times. To request a group tour, please call (574) 631-7329 or email email@example.com.
- While we look forward to seeing you at any time, January, February and March are the quietest months at the Basilica. Please consider a visit then if your schedule allows!
- The Basilica is open during home football game weekends, and is a popular destination for visitors to campus. Please click here for information about receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation or praying the Rosary on home game Saturdays.
- For information on parking, please visit the NDSP website.
- Admission to the Basilica and the museum is free.
- Address: 101 Basilica Drive, Notre Dame, IN 46556
Tour the Museum
The Basilica museum is also open to the public and is located just past the Sacristy on the west side of the church. Signage outside the Sacristy will indicate whether or not the museum is open.
Please note that at times, the Basilica and Museum are closed to touring due to special Masses or other liturgies, rehearsals, weddings and/or funerals. To be certain the Basilica will be open during your visit, please call (574) 631-7329 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unable to Visit in Person?
If you are unable to visit in person, please take an online tour of the Basilica, its many chapels and the Basilica museum here.
You may also select a specific area of the church:
- Baptismal Font
- The Lady Chapel
- Reliquary Chapel
- Moreau Chapel
- Cardinal O'Hara Chapel
- Pietà Chapel
- Saint André Bessette Chapel
- Basilica Museum
You may also download our Basilica Brochure to enjoy a self-guided tour of the Basilica at home.