SEEK 2019: Encounter Something More
What is SEEK?
What’s the purpose of your life? Who are you meant to be? What are you looking for? SEEK is a 5-day event where people gather to ask the big questions about life, love and how to discover true happiness. Presented by the Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS), this biennial conference brings together thousands of college students from across the country, along with national Catholic speakers, top-rated entertainment, and numerous breakout sessions to help students at any place in their faith (or even just beginning) to have an encounter with Jesus Christ and His Church in a profound and meaningful way. Open to undergraduate and graduate students from Notre Dame, Saint Mary’s College, or Holy Cross College.
Come to the SEEK Info Session!
On Thursday, October 4, at 7 p.m. in the Coleman-Morse Center Lounge, Campus Ministry will host an open info session for students interested in learning more about SEEK. We will also discuss ideas for how to fund-raise for part or all of the cost of your registration, as well as ideas for shared transportation / carpooling. Hope to see you there...and please invite your friends and anyone else who might be interested or could benefit from SEEK! Truly, SEEK is for folks at any place on the journey of faith, even those just starting out or who are working on getting back into the life of faith.
Who will be speaking / performing?
Check out SEEK2019.com for the full roster of speakers and entertainment at SEEK 2019.
Dates & Location:
Thursday - Monday, Jan 3-7, 2019, in Indianapolis, Indiana. SEEK will take place at the Indianapolis Convention Center.
Lodging is included in the cost of registration and will be at an Indianapolis hotel at or near the conference site (the Indianapolis Convention Center) in a shared/quad occupancy room (same gender).
Students who register through Notre Dame Campus Ministry are responsible for arranging and funding their own transportation to / from Indianapolis, which is undertaken at your own risk. Possibilities for sharing transportation / carpooling will be discussed at the upcoming Info Session on Thursday, October 4, at 7 p.m. in the Coleman-Morse Lounge.
The cost of registration for SEEK is $499. Registration includes lodging in a shared/quad occupancy hotel room (same gender) for the five days / four nights of the conference plus three lunches; entrance to all conference breakouts, national speaker sessions, and top-rated entertainment; and access to the conference app. This amount will be payable in two installments: a $100 non-refundable deposit due by 4 p.m. on Tuesday, October 30, with your remaining balance due by 4 p.m. on Monday, December 3. Transportation to / from Indianapolis as well as any incidental expenses are on your own.
What are the incidental expenses?
Incidental expenses associated with the cost of conference attendance would include (but are not limited to) your other meals (outside of three lunches provided with SEEK registration), snacks, ground transportation to/from airport, etc. Various Christian organizations / vendors will also have items for sale at SEEK.
Is financial assistance available?
A limited number of $100 financial assistance grants are available through Campus Ministry to students in need, to help offset the cost of registration for SEEK. A short application form is available HERE. The grant application deadline is Tuesday, October 30, by 4 p.m. Those receiving a $100 financial assistance grant from Campus Ministry will be notified on Tuesday, November 6, and that amount will be deducted from your remaining balance due on Monday, December 3. CM grants cannot be applied to the initial $100 non-refundable deposit. Financial assistance through Notre Dame Campus Ministry is available to Notre Dame students only.
In addition, we will also discuss ideas for how to fund-raise for part or all of the cost of your registration at our upcoming SEEK Info Session on Thursday, October 4, at 7 p.m. in the Coleman-Morse Center Lounge.
How do I register?
1. Please register for SEEK using the seek2019.com website by Tuesday, October 30, at 12 noon, using the code "NotreDameQuad" at registration. This will allow you to pay your registration fee to ND Campus Ministry, rather than directly to SEEK, so that we can take advantage of any group discounts that become available.
- If you are a Saint Mary's College or Holy Cross College student, please select "University of Notre Dame" as your college on the SEEK registration.
- For the question, “Are you attending with a registered Ambassador Group?,” select “YES,” and then choose “University of Notre Dame” from the drop-down list.
2. Provide payment for your $100 non-refundable deposit. Your registration is NOT confirmed until your deposit is received. You can pay via cash or check (made payable to ND Campus Ministry), by dropping off to Mary Olen in 116 Coleman-Morse, by 4 p.m. on Tuesday, October 30. If interested in paying via credit card, an online payment link will be emailed to you once we receive your registration information from SEEK.
3. Your remaining balance of $399 will be due by 4 p.m. on Monday, December 3. Your total amount due and payment options will be emailed to you by Tuesday, November 6.
4. If funding your SEEK experience is a concern, Campus Ministry is offering a limited number of $100 financial assistance grants to assist students with registration fees associated with SEEK 2019. Financial assistance through Notre Dame Campus Ministry is available to Notre Dame students only. To apply for one of these grants, please complete and submit the simple application available HERE. The grant application deadline is Tuesday, October 30, by 4 p.m. Those receiving a $100 financial assistance grant from Campus Ministry will be notified on Tuesday, November 6, and that amount will be deducted from your remaining balance due. CM grants cannot be applied to the initial $100 non-refundable deposit.
To register with the Notre Dame group and be eligible for any group discounts or financial assistance grants through Campus Ministry, you must register on the seek2019.com website by Tuesday, October 30, at 12 noon. Your $100 non-refundable deposit, made via cash, check, or credit card, must be received by 4 p.m. on Tuesday, October 30. The Campus Ministry Financial Assistance grant application deadline is Tuesday, October 30, by 4 p.m.
Email Brett Perkins (email@example.com) with any questions.