Mercy Works Retreat
The Mercy Works Retreat was born out of a desire to make explicit the ways faith inspires service and service reinforces faith. As a Lenten discipline, this retreat encourages students to engage in the Works of Mercy while deepening their prayer lives. Through this retreat, you will:
- Join a community of your peers in the practice of service and reflection
- Connect with a local service agency to engage your community weekly
- Reflect with your peers about your experiences in light of the Gospel
- Discuss how mercy and justice influence the ways you serve
- Delve into what it means to accompany those in need
- Discern with your peers the ways you’re called to live in the world
- Find what it means to bear Christ’s face to the world.
Who can participate?
Any Notre Dame undergraduate student may participate.
In what am I participating?
An integration of service and reflection throughout Lent. Students are expected to serve in the community for at least an hour and a half followed by a half hour of reflection each week. Students are also expected to attend at least three weekend reflection sessions as well as the opening and closing sessions.
When will the 2017 Mercy Works Retreat take place?
Sunday, Feb. 19 - Sunday, April 23, 2017
Service sites and times will vary.
What is the cost?
There is no cost to participate.
Why should I go?
To better integrate reflection and service into your daily life.
How do I sign up?
Sign up for a Mercy Works Retreat here.
The deadline to sign up is February 12, 2017.
For more information, please email Philip Lomneth at email@example.com.